Article 1 – Definitions
In these General Terms and Conditions the following terms shall have the following meanings:
– General Terms and Conditions: These General Conditions.
– Contractor: Online Lingo Academy, trade name of Batavia Ltd., having its registered office in Iskra, Dryanovo, Bulgaria and registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 207154469.
– Client: a natural person, an entrepreneur or a legal entity with whom an agreement has been concluded concerning participation in a language course at the Contractor’s as well as an agreement concerning interpreting and translation services.
– Course participant: the natural person who actually participates in the language course. The Principal and the Course participant can be the same person.
– Agreement: The agreement concluded between the Contractor and the Principal pursuant to which the Contractor undertakes to provide the services in exchange for payment by the Principal.
– Language Course: a course, purchased on the website of Online Lingo Academy, of exclusively online sessions, with the aim of acquiring or increasing language skills in the language concerned (Dutch or Bulgarian).
– Individual language course: a language course put together on request and in consultation between the Client and the Provider.
– Website: The Online Lingo Academy platform which is made available through the website www.onlinelingoacademy.com and the underlying web pages.
Article 2 Applicability and Amendments
2.1. Unless agreed otherwise in writing, the Conditions shall apply to all offers and agreements with Principal and to additional and follow-up assignments.
2.2. The Contractor is entitled to amend or supplement the Terms and Conditions. The Contractor will announce any changes to the Terms and Conditions on www.onlinelingoacademy.com.
2.3. In the event of conflict, the Agreement will prevail over these Terms and Conditions.
2.4. In the event of any conflict between a translation of the Terms and Conditions and the Dutch text of these Terms and Conditions, the Dutch text will prevail.
Article 3 Offers, prices and conclusion of the Agreement
3.1. All offers of OnlineLingoAcademy are without obligation, unless the offer contains a deadline for acceptance.
3.2. The prices mentioned in the offer are exclusive of VAT.
3.3. The hourly rates of translation/interpreting services are exclusive of applicable VAT.
3.4. The prices of the language courses mentioned on the website are inclusive of VAT.
3.5. Online Lingo Academy reserves the right to change its rates and prices.
3.6. The Agreement shall be effected by the placing of an order and its acceptance by Online Lingo Academy and/or by the registration for a language course via the website. The Client and/or the Course participant accepts the applicability of these conditions by placing the registration and/or the assignment.
Article 4 Registration/Group Course
4.1. Application/registration for the group course takes place on the website and following the registration steps therein.
4.2. Registration for group courses purchased on the website is subject to the statutory fourteen days period applies to registration for group courses purchased on the website. The period begins to run after registration has taken place.
4.3. Online Lingo Academy shall confirm the registration by e-mail.
4.4. Group courses only take place when a minimum of three participants have registered.
4.5. If the number of registrations for a group course is insufficient, a desirable solution will be sought in consultation with the participant. If no solution is found, the course fee will be refunded.
4.6. Each group course is open for registration for a period of two months prior to the starting date of the course.
Article 5 Registration individual course
5.1. The final registration takes place by means of the registration form and an agreement with the offer.
5.2. Online Lingo Academy shall send a (digital) invoice regarding the individual course to the Client/Course participant.
5.3. Payments on invoice must be paid into the designated bank account within 14 days of the invoice date, but before the start of the agreed first day of the course.
Article 6 Cancellation of the group course or change of course date
6.1. After the start of the group course, it can no longer be cancelled by the course participant and no registration fee will be refunded.
6.2. A lesson which is cancelled by Online Lingo Academy shall be rescheduled at a time convenient to both parties.
Article 7 Intellectual Property Rights
7.1. All rights and authorities under the Copyright Act and other intellectual laws and regulations rest with Online Lingo Academy.
7.2. The course material provided by Online Lingo Academy is exclusively for personal use of Client.
7.3. The Student/Client is not permitted to reproduce or make public the course material provided by Online Lingo Academy in any form whatsoever, in whole or in part, in any form or in any way, be it electronically, mechanically, photocopied, or as recordings or make it available to third parties in any other way.
7.4. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring any intellectual property rights.
Article 8 Liability
8.1. Online Lingo Academy is liable for the correct execution of the courses.
8.2. Online Lingo Academy strives to compile and offer the course material offered with the utmost care. Nevertheless, the Contractor cannot guarantee an incompleteness of the course material offered or the presence of errors therein. The Contractor and the teachers are not liable for such errors or incompleteness.
Article 9 Complaints
9.1. The Student/Client can make a possible complaint regarding the implementation of the course or the related administrative procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org within four weeks after the complaint has arisen.
9.2. Every complaint will be treated confidentially and will be answered as soon as possible, but at the latest within 4 weeks.
Article 10 Disputes
10.1. Bulgarian law applies to all quotations and agreements. Any disputes arising from offers and agreements are subject to the judgment of the competent court under Bulgarian law.
10.2. The rights will be invoked after every effort has been made to settle the dispute in mutual consultation.